*/

Monday, May 26, 2008

Worm Info For Los Angeles...and beyond

Garth and Ildi Fout left the following comment that I thought was important enough to post as it's own post. If anyone is in Los Angeles, they have a great composting course they offer and if you're not in LA, call the city you live in and ask if they do, or might consider, offering something similar.

Great info and thanks for posting.

Dave

I have a bin that I got from the county of Los Angles smartgardening located at http://ladpw.org/epd/sg/ $50. got me everything I needed. On the info card it mentioned feeding the worms only at one end for a day or two to make the harvesting of the compost easier. They all flock to the food and leave all the other end free for the taking. And the tea...10 to 1 ratio for watering plants and full strength to kill the weeds.

No comments: