*/

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hope

I teach a seminar called Chasing Sustainability to school kids, primarily 6-12th graders but sometimes younger and more and more recently on up to college, home parties and offices.  It's truly the best experience I have as it gives me a real chance to reach kids.  As far as I'm concerned, they are the answer to the problems at hand.


When I receive an unsolicited letter like the one I got last week, I can't help but be moved. The letter below is truly one of the greatest things I have ever received.  I'm sharing it (after having asked permission) because there are times when things can seem overwhelming, when the task at hand can seem too great. And at those times, it's important to have a reminder like this that shows us that each and everyone of us can have an effect, can actually make a difference.  We just have to make the effort.

So thank you Jasmine, for the bravery it took to change, for the inspiration you have given me to push further, and for all of the good that I know you are going to accomplish in the future.  

Dave
Double Click On The Pic And Make Sure to Read To The End

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, this made me happy!

Mariano Rentería said...

Lucky you that receive that, take it as a sample of hope and as an inspiration to keep it up, I daily read you and you still inspire me.

Don't give it up, we are more everyday!!

Tom Blomqvist said...

Wonderful! Thank you so much for that you are sharing one of all voices from our future! I to felt some tears!
Dave, keep up your good work!

Thank you!

Tom/Sweden

Anonymous said...

cet homme est vraiment génial!!
je vais essayer d'en prendre exemple.
en espérant que toutes ces petites contributions aideront notre planète!!

plumbing said...

HOPE. This is something which we really need.