*/

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Week 3 Explained

I hope I'll be forgiven for this, but I told a bit of a well intentioned lie last week. I mentioned that I wasn't going to be blogging due to a professional engagement when the reality was that my wife and I were out of town for 6 days on our first ever vacation away from our kids. I didn't want to just disappear for a week but at the same time, this blog has generated a lot of contact and an extremely small percentage was a bit odd (I truly believe you could blog about cat fur and someone would get angry). With that in mind, I didn't really want to let people know that we wouldn't be home, so I figured that posting that I was busy was the next best thing.

So why am I telling you this? For starters because while I did save everything, I can't swear as to what day it all came from but can promise that I accounted for everything along the way and brought it back from our trip. We were in Mexico and I can pretty much assure you by the look on the TSA lady's face that it was the first time they've seen luggage full of garbage go through the x- ray machine (Que es esto? Es basura. Basura? Si, mi basura).

The second reason is that the place we went, which I will actually be writing up on my other blog and will link to, was an awesome eco-resort that was solar powered, open air, pig composting, and generally incredible. So while I can't account for the waste that went into my meals (it was all inclusive) I can tell you that almost everything was local and fresh and therefore not packaged (I checked). The main thing I ran into was travel stuff (baggage tags, tickets, etc) and bottled water. They had filtered with meals, but otherwise it was bottled. Oh, and as you'll see, I indulged and ate a bunch of chips even though the packaging bit (come on, it was vacation).

Anyhoo, just wanted to explain. Now off to the list.

dave

No comments: