Sunday, January 27, 2008

Week 4 Pictures

Almost one month in and on one hand it's more than what i thought it would be and on another it's less.

The bottles are a bit more than i thought they'd be as a bunch are because of the kids, or at least i would have drunk water if they weren't there.

I now have a paper bag, cardboard boxes bag, and plastic bag bag.

The other recyclable stuff which is still fitting in the plastic tub I started with.

I've started putting aside good use recyclables that will most likely be re purposed. That way I don't have to go digging for anything.

This is the most surprising to me. The garbage pile, minus the wallpaper which is still in the blue bin I put it in, is surprisingly low. While recycling isn't a fantastic way to go, it's a heck of a lot better than throwing stuff out. I'm fairly happy that without realizing I've cut down a fair amount over the years just out of my own desire.


Raw Food Diva said...

could you post some pics of your worms?
or the worm bin in action?

Dave said...

Just got over the flu so I'll be posting a description and pics fairly soon (I hope).

Village Green said...

HI Dave, I just realized I didn't have your blog in my Google Reader and am now catching up on your project. In a less dramatic way, I am emulating your focus by keeping track of how many times I take my city-provided trash and recycle bins to the curb this year. My rule is, they only go to the curb when full. There's nothing nasty in them, as I put all food stuffs in the compost bin and don't have any meat or dairy remains as I'm a vegan. So far, I've taken them out to the curb on Jan 8th and that is it. They will probably be ready to go out again for collection next week on Feb 6th. I'm a one person and two pet household. If once a month turns out to be the average, then I'll try to reduce my trash even more.