*/

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Harvard Towers

I was working on a tv show the other day with my friend Karen (looking inquisitively you at the left there) who I hadn't seen in a while.  As the day progressed, Karen and I got to talking about what I had been up to with my life, the blog, the trash hoarding, the gyre, and a whole host of other things (lots of down times on sets sometimes).  I guess I made an impression on her because the next day she posted this on her blog.


She basically went home, started thinking about what i had been talking about and decided that she was going to cancel her cable tv.  Now we hadn't been talking about that, so you'll have to read for yourself why she did it (it's a really funny post), but the thing that i love about this is how each of us, in our own way, can do better, be better, consume less, whatever you want to call it.  It just takes recognizing what we are doing, and if you're like Karen, taking a stand once you've come to the realization that you're not happy with things as they are.

Thanks for the post Karen and keep spreading the word!

Dave


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I love when our personal actions have a rippling effect to other people.

Hey, the next time you see or communicate with her, how about asking her to sign the petition for Brita filter recycling now that she's cancelled bottled water and bought a Brita filter. http://www.takebackthefilter.org (I would have left the comment myself on her blog but apparently comments are closed for that entry.)

Enjoyed your video, by the way.

Beth

Dave said...

Thanks Beth. I'll pass it on but I think she returned the Brita for something else.

Glad you liked the video. many more to come just need to get them edited.

Consume Less, Conserve More!!!!


Dave