*/

Thursday, September 11, 2008

OK, So I'm A Hippy, So Sue Me

I just realized that today is Sept 11th. 


It's not that i didn't know it was coming up, moreso that i recognize that it's an arbitrary date even though it has extreme historical significance, in the realm of my lifetime at least. Now that I think about it, i remember vividly the thoughts of that day, the moment i heard, everything that was happening and I never want to feel those feelings again. 

So I'm sending this out and asking one small favor. Just take a moment today, close your eyes, and think deeply for 5 seconds, 10 seconds, a minute if you don't have kids, whatever works, about Peace. And i don't mean negotiations, or treaties, or anything political, I mean real Peace, a state that our children could grow up in and never have to hear the words war, hatred, enemy, or atrocity again. 

It may do nothing more than to give you a moments peace, but then again, it just might.

Thanks

Dave

2 comments:

Candiman said...

I try to do so every day.
I wish we all could.

Studio38 said...

Hey Dave - yes you are a hippy - and you should be proud! Peace seems like such a foreign word to some people, I guess because we have never known it in our lifetimes. I sign a lot of my emails peace, and people think it is just me trying to be hip. Peace will never go out of style.

This is what I posted on one of my blogs about 9/11 - "Today is the 7th Anniversary of 9/11. I hope we can all take some time out today to remember that day, not just for the tragedy that occurred, but how Americans became united for our country in the aftermath. Unfortunately, it took a tragedy like 9/11 for that to occur, and that unity was fleeting. We should all take the time to think about what our country could accomplish if we could stay united like that."

Peace,
Liz