*/

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Going a Bit Too Far?

A reader sent me a link to this article about a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon who is using liposuctioned fat as biofuel. I can't decide if my favorite line is


"The vast majority of my patients request that I use their fat for fuel -- and I have more fat than I can use"

or

"Forbes said it is illegal in California to use medical waste to power vehicles"

And how great is it that there is a law on the books tht outlaws medical waste as a fuel source.  I don't remember that proposition passing but Id be interested in seeing where the money came from for it.

Wild times.

Dave


4 comments:

Unknown said...

This story rings strangely close to the concept of tuning liposuctioned fat into beauty soap explored in the book (and movie) Fight Club... so fiction isn't stranger than reality afterall...

Anonymous said...

"And how great is it that there is a law on the books tht outlaws medical waste as a fuel source. I don't remember that proposition passing but Id be interested in seeing where the money came from for it."

Easy on the conspiracy theories. I don't know this for a fact, but I'd bet there's no law which specifically outlaws using medical waste as fuel. I'd bet that there are laws against doing *anything* with medical waste except disposing of it in approved (ie sanitary) ways. Not saying it's good or bad, mind you.

Dave said...

Ahhh, no conspiracy theory there Tom, more of a joke, but thanks for picking up on it.

dave

Dave said...

Ahhh, no conspiracy theory there Tom, more of a joke, but thanks for picking up on it.

dave