*/

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holiday Tip #12 - A Simple Gift For Parents

I can't believe it took me this long to think of this. DUH! Know any parents with small kids? Give them a homemade certificate for one night of babysitting! Let me tell you, as the father of two small kids, this is huge! We are always struggling to find babysitters and truthfully, if everyone we knew gave us one night of sitting (anyone oistening out there), we'd be psyched. When a sitter and a movie comes to close to $70 and that's without even getting somehting to eat, it means we rarely actually do it. But throw in a free night of babysitting and now you've got some potential.

Babysitting, I can't believe I hadn't thought of that!

Dave

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for all your "sustainable" tips and tricks. I learned about your project in a Danish co-op magazine. Since there is only a fortnight left of your year, I have a lot of reading to do to catch up on your blog. I wonder if you plan on continuing to blog in 2009? And what are your plans about the contents of your basement ;-)
I hope your project will make more people stop and think about what their own contribution to a better world could be.
Best of luck -
Conny Rom Petersen, Greater Copenhagen Area, Denmark

Dave said...

Hey Conny,
Thanks for the note. I will be blogging, sort of, starting 2009. It's all a little in flux right now, but there is a new website starting up at sustainabledave.org that will pick up where this eaves off, but with more info on all sorts of things enviro. Hoping to have that up 1/1.

AS for the garbage, the recycling will be recycled and the trash will end up at a museum in CT called the Museum of Trash. It's a really cool place that teaches kids all about waste and it will have a permanent home there.

Dave