*/

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Weights and Measures

I just got through posting the new weights and measures for this month and it's interesting to see what is going on.  Garbage wise I have really not gone up much in the last month or two.  If I'm reading that correctly I'm assuming that means the habits I have learned are sticking and the choices I am making are not causing me to send more stuff the the landfill.  It'll be interesting to see if at the end of the year the majority of my trash was created in the first few months.  And don't think it's not lost on me that I'm also lucky that the dishwasher hasn't broken, but that'd probably be in it's own category anyway.


Paper weight actually dropped .5 pounds which points to the fact that not only has my paper intake (read: junkmail) shrunk, but that the worms are performing quite nicely.  Go WORMS!

Cardboard and plastic bags are up a few pounds each, no real surprise there and the misc pile is not up much either.  I suspect that this is due to the lightweight nature of those things, and the fact that my scale is only in .5 lb increments.  

I fully plan to get a more accurate scale at the end of the year for the final tally, I just hope it's not totally different (maybe I'm fatter than i think).

Dave


1 comment:

CAT Productions said...

I love what you're doing! We've tried to reduce our trash as much as possible at our house, and I think your project is very interesting and inspirational! We're also into the reusing and repairing parts of the equation.