We were out of town for two days with my parents who are visiting so this post and Day 5/6 posts are a little late. As I get into the groove on this little experiment, I think it's safe to say that Sunday nights I will be playing a bit of catch up. Having said that, the experience of heading out of town was an interesting one considering the parameters of what I am dealing with. We brought most of our own food as we were staying somewhere with a kitchen, but it was still interesting having to look ahead a few days at what my waste footprint would be.
So here was the haul for Day 4
- 1 massive 50 lb bag of dog food which is made out of some plasticoated substance that fell from space eons ago. This goes into the headscratcher pile until i contact the company and find out more.
- 2 plastic coated paper wrappers from the fishmonger which I tried to clean but didn't feel that i had done a good enough job, so these went into the trash. I was sort of bummed about that, but like I said, no public health hazards. I'm going to talk to the fish guys to see if I can bring a container from now on.
- 1 cardboard food box - worms
- 2 paper bags w/napkin - worms
- 1 cellophane wrapper from condo soap - recycle but I have to check
- 1 plastic sticker from wrapped soap - not sure about this one
- 3 receipts - two saved for taxes one to the worms (in 7 years I'll feed the tax ones to the worms as well)
- 1 waxy bakery style cookie handler - not sure what this is so it goes in the question pile for now
- 1 plastic corn tortilla chips bag - recycle pile