*/

Monday, January 7, 2008

Pictures From Week 1

Here are pictures of what I'm keeping from week 1


Here's the basement in all it's glory. I fear as I move forward my tools and such will have to find new homes in the garage. The clayish red thing at the bottom of the center is the composter. More to come on that.


The recycle bin. This has a plastic cover so it's not going to attract bugs and such. I'll be interested to see how long I can add to this before it's packed.


The trash bin. Not much in here yet as thankfully, much has been recyclable.

This is the "not sure yet" box which has stuff that is dubious as to it's final destination.



And of course, the dreaded dog food bag.

As i move along and check on things if I find something that I believed was recyclable and is not, I will move it to the correct receptacle.

dave


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet that aluminum container is recyclable. At the very least, it's reusable.

Anonymous said...

Why not use the dubious dogfood bag as the trash holder?

Dave said...

Ya see, sometimes, it takes others to show you what's right in front of your face. I think the aluminum container can be recycled but i want to check with them. As for repurposing it, I probably will end up doing that but want to check it's recycling options first.

I'll eventually fill the dog food bag with trash. Great idea (although I'd like to think I would have thought of that, but maybe not).

Anonymous said...

lol, the rest of the dogfood (and in my case catfood bag too) garbage bag plan is that I use any unrecyclable bags or containers as trash "bags" and load the big bag with all these little weird bags and out the thing goes when it's full. So, yes...there may be a tortilla bag in my bathroom trash can. I never did see the sense in putting a bag into a bag just to throw it away.